Amaru Confections is a high end, boutique, custom cake shop and wholesale bakery. Our business is growing quickly and we are currently in need of an experienced and highly qualified cake decorator.
Our bakery offers a fun and relaxed atmosphere with competitive wages, a company sponsored retirement savings plan with company match, paid vacation and sick time off, work/life flexibility and opportunities for rapid advancement.
Due to the custom nature of our business, we require an extremely high level of attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
The position offered is full-time (40 hours a week). Candidate must be ready to start soon and meet the following requirements:
- Five or more years of professional cake decorating experience in a high volume commercial bakery environment is required. Previous fondant work is required.
- High School or GED required.
- A culinary arts degree and/or college level course work preferred
- Must have excellent attention to detail (cannot be overstated enough).
- Be willing to do the "non-decorating" duties including: baking of our traditional and gluten free products, torting, filling and icing cakes, as well as dish washing, prepping stations, customer service, occasional deliveries, and general cleaning.
- Have a wonderful, positive, and energetic personality and be willing to assist wherever needed on any given day.
- Consider yourself self-motivated, creative, and flexible to new ideas and constant change.
- Must be a quick learner and think on your feet, as we work in a fast paced environment.
- Be willing to be a team player. Everyone that works with us is important to the company.
- Be fluent in English
- Be willing to learn the methods and systems we have in place.
- Be able to do simple calculations for recipe scaling.
- Have a clean driving record, and no felony arrests.
- Have your own reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Job Duties will include:
- This person's primary role will be to assist our current staff with decorating cakes and cupcakes that are both traditional and gluten free.
- They will work with staff to learn all of our traditional and gluten free baking recipes, processes, packaging, and be able to bake and package a perfectly consistent product.
- Assist with handling customer service needs for bakery walk in traffic and phone calls during open hours as needed.
- Must be willing to work early morning hours
- Must be able to handle intermittent deliveries throughout the day and on weekends as needed using company vehicles.
- Must be available to work Saturdays.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
This is by no means an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties, responsibilities and requirements may be added as skill and comfort level increases.
Please drop off or email us the following:
• Your completed application-which can be found at www.amaruconfections.com under the “Employment” link (required)
• Resume (optional)
• Cover Letter (optional)
• Pictures of your decorating work (optional)
Due to the level of interest in this position, we may not be able to respond to every submitted application. We will review your work experience and any pictures you wish to include. We will reach out to you for an interview if we feel you meet our criteria. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
All Amaru Confections employees and job applicants will be treated equally without regard to race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, veteran status, physical abilities,
or other characteristic protected by law.